Recipe by BFit4U
These are low in calories, low in fat but NOT low in taste. You could use 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots instead of pecans or 1/4 cup of each. I eat mine warm and sprayed with Fat Free Parkay Butter Spray.
- 12 ounces apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup light butter
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and Splenda Brown Sugar until light, somewhat fluffy and mixed together in mixer using the whisk/wire beater.
- Add Apricot Preserves, milk and egg beaters to mixer. Beat until well mixed.
- In another large bowl sift all dry ingredients except the pecans.
- Remove mixing bowl from mixer base and add the dry ingredients and pecans to the wet ingredients.
- Mix together with wooden spoon until the batter comes together and is moistened.
- Spray muffin pans with baking spray w/ flour (Crisco makes a good one.).
- Fill each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes about 18 muffins or 12 massive ones!