Recipe by Melisser
No oil allowed here! Take a walk on the lighter side of baking, but keep the flavor!
Top Review by JanuaryBride
I would vote it a three and my husband voted it a five, so I ended up at three. It was a little dense, obviously due to the lack of oil. I think 1/2 tsp of salt (as in the Betty Crocker recipe) might add some flavor to this one. Overall, it was a healthy treat!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with electric mixer.
- Stir in sugar and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add applesauce and eggs and beat well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pour into 9"x5" loaf pan coated with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool on wire rack.