Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
a delightful treat.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, thin sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup water, cold
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet gelatin, unflavored
- 2 cups nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Amaretto (or almond extract)
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Prepare a pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine oats and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
- Toss with 1/4 cup apple juice.
- Press onto bottom and up the sides of pie plate.
- Bake 5 minutes or until set.
- In a mixing bowl, toss apple slices with lemon juice; arrange on cooled crust in pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine water and remaining 1/2 cup apple juice.
- Sprinkle gelatin over water mixture; let stand 3 minutes to soften.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is completely dissolved; remove from heat.
- Add yogurt, honey, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and Amaretto; blend well.
- Pour over apples in crust.
- Chill several hours or overnight.