Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great Fall taste!! Only 3 WW points.
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 oat bran
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In large bowl, mix together flour, oat bran, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in chopped apple.
- In separate bowl, combine egg, milk and oil; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Do not overmix.
- Spoon into nonstick or paper-lined muffin cups, filling three-quarters full.
- Topping: Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over, muffins.
- Bake in 400 degree oven 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch.
I think the concept here is good, however there may be a few adjustments that need to be made before these are workable. I followed the recipe exactly (*using skim milk for low-fat) but these muffins did not rise much at all. Perhaps they needed more flour in the ratio to apples?