Recipe by elastigirl
This recipe is the result of my tinkering with other lowfat oatmeal cookie recipes in an effort to make them moister. The addition of milk results in a softer, cakier cookie. Great for snacks or even breakfast!
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 medium granny smith apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together oats, milk, chopped apple, and pecans in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together brown sugar, egg whites, applesauce, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and apple pie spice and stir well to combine.
- Add oat mixture and stir well (the cookie dough will look like lumpy oatmeal).
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets sprayed with non-stick spray or lined with parchment paper. Flatten each cookie slightly with a fork or spatula.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.