Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted Low-Fat Oatmeal Muffins to my current diet which limits sugar and fats. Healthy Omega 3 fats, such as that found in walnuts are encouraged.
- 1 cup rolled oats (old fashioned oatmeal)
- 1 cup powdered milk (dry)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄3 cup agave syrup
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 chopped granny smith apple
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine oats, powdered milk, and warm water and set aside to soak for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients with the oatmeal mixture.
- Spoon into 6 large muffin tins that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until they are done.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool or eat while warm or both!