Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a really yummy fall muffin. The apple cider vinegar gives it a little extra zing.
Make and share this Low-Fat Apple Oatmeal Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup oats
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 apple, peeled and shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine oats, yogurt, and cider vinegar and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry, and stir gently to combine. Stir in the oat/yogurt mixture. Stir in the shredded apples.
- Spoon into well-greased muffin tin.
- Bake ~25 minutes.
Delicious, lovely aroma, moist. Perfect:) I used 1 1/2 apple pie spice and the 1/2 c. Splenda with 1/2 c. dark brown sugar, followed the original recipe. Very Yummy!!!
Great muffins! Very moist. The only "change" I made was to use dark brown sugar, and applesauce with cinnamon. Also added a handful of chopped dates. Really yummy! Thanks JediBL! Made for 2009 Spring PAC
Yum! This is a nice moist muffin, the brown sugar gives is almost a caramel apple taste - really out of this world. And all this yumminess somehow fits into my low sat. fat diet. Amazing. I can see how they would make a good fall treat, but these are so good I would seriously make these any day of the year.