Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A soft, tasty, healthy cookie. Made with Smart Balance rolled oats and whole wheat flour. High fiber, low fat and delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup Smart Balance light butter spread
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- Cream margarine with honey and Splenda sugar substitute.
- Add egg, vanilla and applesauce. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Stir in oatmeal.
- Peel and chop 2 apples. Add to mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
This is definitely a "5 Oh My" recipe! The only change I made was to use 3/4 cup of brown sugar. Awesome! Thanks !
Considering this is a low fat cookie it came out pretty good. However, I did make a few changes. I used 1/2 cup regular butter, a little less than 1/2 cup brown sugar, and almost 1/4 cup white sugar instead of honey or Splenda. I also only cut up one apple instead of two and added 1/4 cup raisins.