Recipe by Tina Lynn
My sister-in-law came up with this idea when she put applesauce on her son's waffles instead of syrup.
Top Review by spatchcock
We're on spring break so we could actually make and eat breakfast this week! This was pretty easy. I made this for me and my boyfriend, and we LOVED it. I was a bad girl and added some condensed milk to the filling on the second batch of crepes. I also added a little cinnamon. It was excellent!
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 8 ounces applesauce, any flavor
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute apples over medium heat in butter until slightly soft.
- Add applesauce and sugar.
- Lower heat and reduce liquid to 1/2-3/4.
- If you are not counting calories add 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream and reduce as before.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- It should be a thin batter.
- Place enough batter to just coat the bottom of 10" skillet over medium heat.
- Cook crepe on one side only.
- Roll crepe around small amount of apple filling.
- Place a small dollop of filling on the top of the rolled crepes.