Recipe by Sierra Silver
You'll never tell the difference, honestly. This is a bit sweet, so if you like a savory cornbread, look elsewhere.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 eggs or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornmeal, flours, Splenda, baking powder, and salt in mixing bowl.
- In second bowl, combine applesauce, milk, and egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry; stir until combined.
- Pour batter into greased 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserts cleanly.
- *This recipe may be doubled for a 13 x 9 inch dish.