whether you are watching your waistline, or just health conscious, here is a recipe worth making
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons prune puree (see below)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon sugar, mixed with
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, for topping
- 1Prune puree:.
- 2In a food processor, process prune and hot water til finely pureed.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 4In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- 5Add prune puree and butter cut in with pastry blender until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- 6Mix in milk just to blend.
- 7Spread pie filling in even layer in a baking dish.
- 8Spoon batter over apples in 6 equal mounds.
- 9Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- 10Bake in centre of oven 35 mins until batter is baked through and springy to the touch.
- 11Serve warm with diabetic ice cream, or low fat ice cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Apple Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.8
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 602.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: