Recipe by Chris from Kansas
Here's an easy and healthy recipe that makes a great breakfast or anytime treat.
Top Review by 963727
I really enjoyed this recipe, as described, made 12 servings, very tasty... think I might have put a bit more cinnamon in but I adore cinnamon so I guess thats to each persons taste! Thanks for a lovely recipe... I am a weight watcher so it was great to get a low fat recipe which was actually enjoyable!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium apple, peeled,cored and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Spray only the bottoms of 12 medium muffins cups with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat milk, yogurt, egg whites, egg, vanilla and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet until just moist.
- Stir in apple.
- Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately remove from pan and cool on wire rack.