Recipe by Marielle86
On Rosh Hashanah, I always make apple cakes. This apple cake is a bit lower in fat and calories. I adapted it from a recipe for yogurt cake on the Stonyfield Farms website.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt (I used Stonyfield Farms low-fat vanilla yogurt)
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 apples
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the eggs. Then add in the lemon juice, yogurt, and applesauce.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and stir in the egg/yogurt mixture.
- Cut the apples into small slices and mix them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x11 pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.