Recipe by Faux Domesticity
I found this recipe in one of my light cooking cookbooks, and didn't see one on here, so I thought I would post it. It's a wonderful comfort food, and would make a wonderful gift around Christmas. I think it's worth the effort. I guessed on the prep. time, I didn't really time it.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice, unsweetened or 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 medium apples, peeled and quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apple juice, sugar, cinnamon and cloves in a blender or food processor, cover and process until blended.
- Add 3-4 apple quarters, cover and process until blended.
- Repeat until all of the apple quarters are processed.
- Pour apple mixture in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook on low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover, and cook for 1- 1.5 hours longer or until thickened.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.