Recipe by dale!
I made Secret's Apple Bread, but I made so many changes that I decided to post it as a separate recipe! This bread is very moist and does not suffer from having the fat removed. It is a chunky homey sort of bread that is high in fiber too! Also makes fantastic muffins or mini-muffins.
Top Review by Nana0906
I would make this again! I substituted buckwheat flour for the wheat flour, and I used Slenda sugar blend for sugar. I also used egg substitute for the egg and egg whites. It was very moist and tasty!
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 3 diced apples, with skins (granny smith or similar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl beat the egg and whites, sugar, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, followed by the apples.
- Stir until just combined.
- I baked this in a slightly larger than normal, lightly greased, loaf pan and had enough mix left over for 8 mini-muffins.
- This mix makes great muffins as well as the apple bread.
- Cook muffins for about 20-30 minutes or until done in a 350 degree oven.
- Bake the loaf for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven.