1 hr 35 mins
I made Secret's Apple Bread, but I made so many changes that I decided to post it as a separate recipe! This bread is very moist and does not suffer from having the fat removed. It is a chunky homey sort of bread that is high in fiber too! Also makes fantastic muffins or mini-muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
- 2In a large bowl beat the egg and whites, sugar, applesauce and vanilla.
- 3Stir in the dry ingredients, followed by the apples.
- 4Stir until just combined.
- 5I baked this in a slightly larger than normal, lightly greased, loaf pan and had enough mix left over for 8 mini-muffins.
- 6This mix makes great muffins as well as the apple bread.
- 7Cook muffins for about 20-30 minutes or until done in a 350 degree oven.
- 8Bake the loaf for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Apple Bread
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 276.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g