Recipe by Palmtreesbend
This is a delicious low fat version of my mom's recipe. It yields 2 loaves. I'm a very busy person with small children and lots of pets, so I will offer my time saving hints; with a large spoon, mix the wet ingredients in a large bowl then sift the dry ingredients right over the top and stir slowly until combined. I also always have some sort of flavored applesauce snack pack on hand and that is what I use. It could be mixed berry flavor or apple cinnamon, even grape! They all work well and I use 2 snack cups.
Top Review by dalostrome
I was looking for a recipe to use overripe bananas and came across this one. Low fat also! Easy to make and my family loved it. I used only l cup of brown sugar. This is definitely a keeper.
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce (or 2 applesauce snack packs)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 small peeled chopped apples
- 2 sliced bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Mix applesauce, egg whites, vanilla, brown sugar and mashed banana in a large bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients over the top and stir to combine.
- Add raisins and mix well.
- Add chopped apples and sliced bananas and mix well.
- Place in 2 loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.