Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 20 dried apples (unsweetened)
- 12 large dried apricots, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried currant
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 cloth packet
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a 3-quart pot.
- Simmer uncovered for the better part of an hour, stirring often.
- Add more juice if necessary and discard spice packet at end of cooking time.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Keeps for days in the refrigerator.