Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious and wholesome recipe from the Australian Institute of Sport.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sultana
- 2 apples, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Lightly grease 12-hole muffin pan.
- Sift flour and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Stir in brown sugar, sultanas and apple.
- Make a well in centre.
- Whisk together margarine, milk, egg and vanilla.
- Pour into flour and mix with a fork. Stir until just combined don't overbeat.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave in pan for a few minutes to cool and then remove onto wire rack.
Easy to make & taste great with a coffee for morning tea. :)