Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Do you want a substitute for sour cream or mayonnaise? If you are doing Weight Watchers it is only 3/4 point for 1/4 cup if you use the low-fat cottage cheese. If you use the regular cottage cheese it is only 1 point for 1/4 cup. You can use it as mayonnaise on a sandwich and almost not have to count it. I got this recipe from a low-fat cook book. I have tried it as a mixture for cole salw. You can add some herbs or flavorings of your choice and you will have a dip or a salad dressing. Use a blender or by do this by hand. A food processor tends to break the mixture down and make it watery rather than creamy. Put it in a plastic container and store in the refrigerator to use by the cup or spoonful.
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt or 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese or 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- Place ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth.
- This can be blended by hand, too.
- Place in container and keep in refrigerator.
- Serving size=1 cup.
- Calories 142.
- Fat 1.8g/12% with low-fat cottage cheese.
- Fat 0g/0% with non-fat cottage cheese.
- Fiber 0.