Recipe by Pam-I-Am
Use this dressing to cut down on all that fat that usual dressings add to a healthy salad. I also opt for the lower fat salami so I can splurge on a little mozzarella. The fat I have for this recipe is 8 grams. Recipezaar does not have reduced-fat salami in the ingredients so their nutrition is basing it on regular salami - yikes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 6 slices reduced-fat salami
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together remaining ingredients except salad greens.
- Drizzle dressing over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Serve vegetables over salad greens and cut small cubes of fresh mozzarella on top.