Top Review by Clifford Boren
I got thrown off the internet when I finished my review, so if this is a repeat, I apologize. This is a magnificent dish. Try adding a pinch or two of dried red chili flakes, and a handful of shredded low fat cheddar. If you still have any room, finish off with a cup of Balsamic Strawberries, #18708, topped with a dab of frozen whipped topping (no fat of course!) WOWSERS! That's a dinner!
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 ounce dry crepe mushroom
- 1⁄2 ounce dried shiitake mushroom
- 1 tablespoon margarine, imitation
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 cup red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring the broth, crepes and shiitake to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture stand for 20 minutes.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, melt the margarine over medium heat. Add the button mushrooms, onions and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain the crepes and shiitake, reserving the liquid.
- Add the drained mushrooms to the onion mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until they are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the reserved liquid, thyme and lemon peel; cook for 2 minutes.
- Spoon over the hot pasta and toss.