Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
the salad dressing takes the place of eggs for these
Top Review by creating99
These were wonderful! I was a little sceptical of using miracle whip in cupcakes but they turned out great. I personally suggest that extra sugar as these are not very sweet. I added a homemade oragnge-chocolate frosting, and they were almost perfect!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup salad dressing, miracle whip is good (not low fat or light)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar (if you prefer sweeter, add 1-2 tbsp more)
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease or paper-line muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine water, salad dressing and vanilla.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda; add to the salad dressing mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cupcakes test done.
- Note: do not use light or low-fat salad dressing, as the cupcake texture will not be as good.