Recipe by marna
This is quick and easy and wonderful !!-- It is 2 pts per cup for WW people.
Top Review by mydesigirl
This was pretty good. I used a large onion and ran it through the salad shooter. Half way through I added fresh minced garlic. I skipped the butter and olive oil and used Pam spray instead. This was really easy to put together but I think that next time I will try it with fat free beef broth. I think that might give it the richer taste that I was looking for. I also topped it off with 2 oz. of fat free mozzarella cheese. Thanks!
- 12 ounces baby portabella mushrooms or 12 ounces other brown mushrooms, sliced
- 30 ounces vegetable stock
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onion fine and place in non stick pan with butter and oil.
- Once onion is clear.
- add mushrooms and cook and beginning change color and smells great- Add all spices.
- Add broth and allow to cook uncover for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, with stick blender breakup larger pieces and thicken broth or place half the batch in the blender.
- Add Fat free half and half and salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.