Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a great way to cut some of the fat from your diet! It's delicious and healthy at the same time!. No need to miss out on flavor here! This calls for fresh raspberries, but frozen would work as well. I like to toast a slice and put on a smidge of fat free cream cheese for a special treat. However you choose to enjoy it, remember that it doesn't have to have fats to taste great.
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 59.14 ml non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 453.59 g package fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Lightly beat egg and egg white. Combine eggs, vanilla, mashed bananas, oil and yogurt. Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just moist. Fold in the raspberries and then spoon the batter into a 9"x5" loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Wonderful bread, Fluffster! I managed to get 2 slices, both of them the heels, so I know how moist and flavorful this is. My plan was to take photos upon return from the gym, but the kids found the loaf and left Mom just the last heel (lucky me!). I have an abundance of raspberries in the freezer from last summer and thought this would be a great combination with the bananas. The slight cruch of the berry seeds is lovely. The added color is great too! I'll be making this again, for sure. Thanks so much!