marla moreau's Note:
One of my favorite things to make, and very quick. I use Dreamfield's pasta as it only has 5g net carbs and tastes just like normal pasta. It has 190 calories per 3/4 cup serving, since it's not in the database the nutritional information the site comes up with will be wrong, but should be easy to figure out. For the butter I use Smart Balance light. You can use whatever reduced fat cheese you like, keep in mind that different brands have different fat contents for their reduced fat cheeses. Makes one serving, just multiply ingredients for more. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water and start the pasta cooking.
- 2While the pasta cooks measure out and mix all other ingredients besides the salt, pepper, and cornstarch.
- 3When pasta is done, drain, and return noodles to the pot.
- 4Add mixed ingredients and turn burner to low heat.
- 5Stir constantly and sprinkle cornstarch.
- 6Keep stirring and add salt and pepper to taste - I use a sea salt and peppercorn grinder.
- 7Keep stirring over low heat until cheese and butter are integrated and the sauce thickens and coats the pasta.
- 8Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat and Carb Quick Easy Mac and Cheese With Peas
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.8
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.1 mg
- Sodium 277.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese