Recipe by marla moreau
One of my favorite things to make, and very quick. I use Dreamfield's pasta as it only has 5g net carbs and tastes just like normal pasta. It has 190 calories per 3/4 cup serving, since it's not in the database the nutritional information the site comes up with will be wrong, but should be easy to figure out. For the butter I use Smart Balance light. You can use whatever reduced fat cheese you like, keep in mind that different brands have different fat contents for their reduced fat cheeses. Makes one serving, just multiply ingredients for more. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup rotini pasta
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Smart Balance light butter spread
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 dash dill
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water and start the pasta cooking.
- While the pasta cooks measure out and mix all other ingredients besides the salt, pepper, and cornstarch.
- When pasta is done, drain, and return noodles to the pot.
- Add mixed ingredients and turn burner to low heat.
- Stir constantly and sprinkle cornstarch.
- Keep stirring and add salt and pepper to taste - I use a sea salt and peppercorn grinder.
- Keep stirring over low heat until cheese and butter are integrated and the sauce thickens and coats the pasta.
- Serve and enjoy.