Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I tried this variation of Lemon Biscotti after changing a few details - absolutely yummy and it's low fat AND only 1 Weight Watcher's point per cookie - bonus!
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely ground almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Mix together the egg, egg whites and extract in a larger bowl.
- Add dry ingredients from small bowl to the ingredients in the larger bowl, mixing well.
- Form the dough into two logs each about 8 inches long.
- Place logs onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices making 36 slices. Place slices flat end up onto cookie sheet and bake until dry (about another 8 to 10 minutes).
- Cool and store in airtight container.
- Variation: sprinkle dried slices with powdered sugar while still warm before serving.
I have never made nor eaten Biscotti and I thought it was very good. Made for PAC fall 2007
MADE FOR PAC FALL '07 I love biscotti! I love almond! I should love this recipe, too. I will re-make it and update rating if applicable, but as I made it (as written, minus ground almonds), it didn't finish baking, and did not obtain the attractive color that is the norm. The flavor was quite good, and I WILL make this again to ensure that the issue wasn't mine. I recommend that you try it and watch your baking time closely.