Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so yummy you'd never know its lower in fat than the normal kind! Halves and doubles perfectly. This recipe is for 1 lb. of pasta.
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt margarine and boulion in heavy pot over low heat.
- Add water and flour and wisk till smooth.
- Add milk and continue stirring.
- Increase heat and cook until thick.
- Stir in parmeasan, garlic powder and pepper.
- Continue stirring for 10 more minutes until cheese is dissolved and to desired thickness.
- Serve over 1 lb. of cooked pasta.
I'm giving this 2 stars because although it tasted Ok it definitely was not an Alfredo sauce. It was brown and tasted chickeny plus I'm not sure how it can be considered low fat when it calls for a stick of butter. Sorry will not use again
Wow, I never would have guessed a low fat alfredo sauce could be this good. I used it to make chicken alfredo calzones but didn't want all the added calories. My family had no idea it was low fat. I will be making this again, its a keeper. The only thing I changed was I used fat free half and half and only used 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Perfecto!!