Recipe by gina john
This is so yummy you'd never know its lower in fat than the normal kind! Halves and doubles perfectly. This recipe is for 1 lb. of pasta.
Top Review by CareyLee
I'm giving this 2 stars because although it tasted Ok it definitely was not an Alfredo sauce. It was brown and tasted chickeny plus I'm not sure how it can be considered low fat when it calls for a stick of butter. Sorry will not use again
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine and boulion in heavy pot over low heat.
- Add water and flour and wisk till smooth.
- Add milk and continue stirring.
- Increase heat and cook until thick.
- Stir in parmeasan, garlic powder and pepper.
- Continue stirring for 10 more minutes until cheese is dissolved and to desired thickness.
- Serve over 1 lb. of cooked pasta.