Recipe by Merlot
A great way to get your Fettucine Alfredo fix without all the fat.
Top Review by xtine
I think Rachel007 may have mistakenly used sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk - this is a huge difference. Many products labeled "condensed milk" (in the US, at least) are actually SWEETENED condensed milk - they have a lot of sugar added to them and are meant to be used in desserts. I cannot see this recipe having a "sickly sweet flavor" from evaporated milk. I think this recipe may have been a victim of "wrong ingredient syndrome" :)
- 340.19 g can evaporated skim milk
- 29.58 ml grated nonfat parmesan cheese
- 44.37 ml butter-flavored sprinkles
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 88.74 ml grated nonfat parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml sliced scallion (garnish)
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the evaporated skimmed milk, 2 tablespoons grated nonfat Parmesan cheese, 3 teaspoons butter-flavored sprinkles and 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper.
- Stir well. Cook on med-low til sauce is heated through.
- Gently stir in 10 oz of cooked, drained fettuccine pasta.
- (Add a little more milk if it seems too dry.) Remove pot from heat and add the remaining 6 tablespoons grated nonfat Parmesan and toss.
- Garnish with scallions and parsley.
- Serve immediately.