A great way to get your Fettucine Alfredo fix without all the fat.
Make and share this Low-Fat Alfredo Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan, combine the evaporated skimmed milk, 2 tablespoons grated nonfat Parmesan cheese, 3 teaspoons butter-flavored sprinkles and 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper.
- Stir well. Cook on med-low til sauce is heated through.
- Gently stir in 10 oz of cooked, drained fettuccine pasta.
- (Add a little more milk if it seems too dry.) Remove pot from heat and add the remaining 6 tablespoons grated nonfat Parmesan and toss.
- Garnish with scallions and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
I think Rachel007 may have mistakenly used sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk - this is a huge difference. Many products labeled "condensed milk" (in the US, at least) are actually SWEETENED condensed milk - they have a lot of sugar added to them and are meant to be used in desserts. I cannot see this recipe having a "sickly sweet flavor" from evaporated milk. I think this recipe may have been a victim of "wrong ingredient syndrome" :)
This is an exellent recipe! Keep on posting Merlot!
It was really tasty, I substituted regular parmesan cheese and reduced fat margarine for the butter flakes. I also added some fresh steamed broccoli and some chicken breast I sauteed with olive oil, fresh garlic and red pepper flakes. t turned out great. While the sauce was warming up it was really thin, but once I added the pasta, chicken, broccoli and extra cheese it thickened up nicely. Will definitely be making this again!