Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a tasty Low Fat Alfredo Sauce I've made for years and finally decided to share it. It's great with grill chicken or shrimp served over your favorite pasta. My husband and kids love it.
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt Margarine over medium heat, add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in Flour.
- Slowly add Milk and stir with wisk until blended.
- Stirring constantly, cook about 8 minutes or until thick.
- Stir in Cream Cheese and stir constantly for about 2 minutes.
- Add Parmesan Cheese and stir melted.
- Pour over your favorite pasta and enjoy.
Very easy sauce to make and it was good, too! Used Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese wedges instead of the cream cheese because of an allergy and it turned out wonderful. Thanks for posting this. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.
Wondeful low fat alfredo sauce. Quick and easy to make. It doesn't seem "low fat" in flavor or consistency. Much better than anythin I've bought in a jar!
This was a big hit with my two girls. I added salt, but otherwise followed the recipe as is. I thought it was good, but as we have it infrequently, I'll probably go with a full fat version as a special treat. Many thanks for sharing the recipe!