Recipe by Texas Chihuahua Girl
Here's a tasty Low Fat Alfredo Sauce I've made for years and finally decided to share it. It's great with grill chicken or shrimp served over your favorite pasta. My husband and kids love it.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Very easy sauce to make and it was good, too! Used Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese wedges instead of the cream cheese because of an allergy and it turned out wonderful. Thanks for posting this. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt Margarine over medium heat, add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in Flour.
- Slowly add Milk and stir with wisk until blended.
- Stirring constantly, cook about 8 minutes or until thick.
- Stir in Cream Cheese and stir constantly for about 2 minutes.
- Add Parmesan Cheese and stir melted.
- Pour over your favorite pasta and enjoy.