Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My niece made this and It was marvelous. Quick and easy is always good.
- 4 cups canned low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups diced rutabagas
- 2 cups sliced butternut squash (1/2" pieces)
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced red potatoes (1/2" pieces)
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 16 leaves kale, torn
- 3 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- In a 4-quart saucepan, combine vegetable broth and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add diced rutabaga and sliced butternut squash, carrots and potatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add onions, frozen peas, kale and bay leaves.
- Stir; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add parsley and mustard.
- Stir, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and discard.
- To serve; divide stew among 4 large soup bowls and serve immediately, accompanied by coleslaw tossed lightly with nonfat dressing.