Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is such a great recipe. You don't have to brown the chicken, just place it in a pot and pour on the sauce and you are good to go! Serve with Faux-Tatoes/Cauliflower and green beans and you have a great meal!
- 8 boneless chicken thighs, about 2 lbs
- 1 cup low-carb ketchup
- 12 ounces diet cola
- 3 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- Place chicken n a large dutch oven.
- Combine the ketchup, cola and hot sauce (if desired) in a bowl and stir well to.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken; bring to a boil then cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and simmer 30 minutes longer to reduce and thicken the sauce.
I was very pleasantly surprised at how yummy this sauce was. I used the thighs as I had them on hand but I think I'd like to try this with breasts as the previous person mentioned - either bone in or out. I think the sauce would also be spectacular with pork and am going to try it in the slow cooker.
This was good but it didn't wow us. I followed the recipe as written other then I used regular ketchup, diet pepsi and about six dashes of hot sauce. I also only had six boneless skinless chicken thighs so used that. If I make again, I think I would use chicken breasts instead as I am not a huge fan of thigh meat (put had bought some on sale and needed a recipe to use them up LOL)