Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Gullah is an English-based Creole dialect spoken along the coastal regions of the Carolinas. It has roots tracing back to Africa's Sierra Leone region.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add celery, carrot, and pistachios; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add water and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add rice and thyme; return to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Let stand, covered, 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.