Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
By Paul Deen. Prep time includes the chill time.
- 1 (16 ounce) box graham crackers
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Line a 13x9 pan with whole graham crackers.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add sugar.
- Beat egg and milk together; add to butter mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add nuts, coconut, and 1 cup graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour over crackers in the pan.
- Cover with another layer of whole graham crackers.
- PREPARE TOPPING:.
- Beat all topping ingredients together and spread over top layer of crackers.
- Chill then cut into squares.
Very nice NO BAKE pecan coconut cookie. Actually, it is a recipe for the nut filling for graham crackers, and the icing.