Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Had this while DH and I were in Savannah and I picked up their recipe. They post it everywhere and it's served at almost all the restaurants.
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lb kielbasa
- 2 -4 lbs raw shrimp in shells
- 2 -4 crabs (optional)
- 6 baby potatoes
- 2 ears corn on the cob
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Boil up to a gallon of water in a stock pot.
- Add the first 5 ingredients to the water.
- Next add in your sausage and potatoes and boil until almost tender.
- Next add your corn on the cob and crab (if you decide to add crab)heat thru for 5 minutes.
- Lower your water to a simmer and add your shrimp and simmer until shrimp turn pink - don't over cook the shrimp.
- You're all done and if you so desire, you can add your pepper sauce. Goes great with cole slaw and crusty bread on the side. Hope you enjoy.
- *Note* I'm not much for kielbasa so I have used Turkey Sausage and that works great too.
Oh my goodness. This is great....yummy. I made this for our dinner when DS was home from college. The flavors were so yummy. This great one pot meal is so simple to throw together that i don't know why i don't make this more often. I couldn't get fresh corn ears, so I used frozen corn ears and instead of the crabs, I used just the crab legs. We loved it. I will definately do it again. BTW my 5 yr old thought dad was crazy for dumping our dinner all over the table....LOL. How fun....thank you for this wonderful and fun meal.....Stephanie
Really good! I used the same amount of seasoning for 6 ears of corn, 3 large Yukon potatoes (quartered), 1 lb Smoked Turkey Sausage (cut in 8 pieces) and 2 lbs medium shrimp. I didn't use any pepper sauce because we don't like our meals too terribly spicy. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting! Made for Zingo! ZWT3.