Recipe by sonnyu28
low cost pizza alternative for any party or quick dinner solution. My family in Germany has been making these toasts for years and they are a quick cheep alternative to expensive, greasy and messy pizzas.
- 12 slices toast
- 1⁄4 lb salami, sliced very thin
- 12 slices American cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 12 tomatoes, slices
- paprika, powder
Directions See How It's Made
- toast toasting bread light brown and set on baking rack to cool.
- cut garlic clove and rub top side of cooled toasts.
- lightly butter toasts.
- ad 3-4 of the thinly sliced salami to toasts.
- place one tomato slice on each toast.
- top off with one slice of american single cheese.
- if desired sprinkle some paprika powder on top of cheese.
- pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- place toast on middle rack of oven (if desired place aluminum foil under the toasts to protect rack).
- back for approximately 10 minutes until cheese is melted and is starting to turn golden, take care not to burn it.
- remove from oven and let cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with some tomato slices on the side and serve. Please note, tomatoes under the cheese will be very hot.
- If you like your tomatoes a bit more toasty, place them on top of cheese slice instead of underneath it.
- Serve with a nice green salad.