Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
These whole wheat bisquits are from the book, "Delicious Ways to Lower Cholerterol".
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine flours and baking powder, stir well to mix.
- Add milk and oil, stirring to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, a knead lightly 2 or 3 times.
- Roll dough out to 1/2 inch thickness, and cut into bisquits with a bisquit cutter.
- Place bisquits on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
This was a very fast and easy way to make biscuits when you want something quick. We're not on a cholesterol diet, so I didn't use the wheat flour. I chose it mainly for it's simplicity. :)