Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a lovely adaptation of Nicoise Salad from a low carb recipe book I have.The recipe calls for 175g grilled tuna steak, however I used a tin of Ocean Rise Yellow Fin Tuna Slices in olive oil with chilli (sold by Aldi in OZ). Using a tuna in olive oil enables you to use the oil from the can to make a lovely spicy salad dressing. My DH and I both enjoyed this very much and it is so quick and easy to make and low carb to boot! Note: I made this again with other tinned tuna and I have to admit that the results are much better using the olive oil that the tuna has been canned in.
- 115 g green beans, halved
- 115 g mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 100 g yellow fin tuna, slices in olive oil with chili
- 50 g anchovies, halved lengthways
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, then cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 bunch small radish (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- salt & ground black pepper
- olive oil drained from can tuna
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Whisk all ingredients for the dressing together and season to taste.
- Cook the beans in boiling water for 2 minutes, so they are just tender.
- Combine the salad leaves, sliced cucumber,tomatoes and beans in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the tuna slices, anchovies, eggs,radishes and olives over the salad.
- Pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
Delicious and classic! I made as directed leaving out the anchovies when serving my teenager. Thanks, Good Looking Cooking! Made for PAC Spring 2010.