Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Karen's Gourmet Low-Carb Recipes By Karen Barnaby Another low carb side dish.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb zucchini, trimmed and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese, hot pepper is good
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish.
- Melt 1 tablespoons of the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Scrape into a large bowl.
- Melt the remaining butter over medium high heat in the same frying pan. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring frequently until the moisture has evaporated and the zucchini is tender.
- Transfer to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to combine.
- Add the onions and pulse once.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes until lightly golden.
- Total Calories: 1008
- Fat: 93 grams
- Carbs: 16 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 27 grams.