Recipe by muncheechee
Adapted from a recipe by Candace that used to be posted on YourLighterSide.com. I think they are best after cooling in the fridge for a bit. Love that these don't spike my blood sugar like some other low carb muffins I have tried.
- 4 large eggs
- 14.79-29.58 ml sugar-free vanilla syrup or 4.92 ml vanilla extract, and adjust sweeteners to taste
- 59.14 ml erythritol
- 59.14 ml Splenda granular (or an equivalent amount of liquid sucralose)
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 236.59 ml zucchini, grated (squeeze excess water out of zucchini before measuring and pack the measuring cup)
- 78.07 ml coconut flour
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml pecans, chopped
- 59.14 ml unsweetened coconut (optional)
- 59.14 ml sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Prepare muffin tin by placing paper liners in each well and spray liners with cooking spray. OR use parchment baking cup liners.
- In large bowl mix together butter, eggs, vanilla syrup, erythritol, and splenda.
- Sift coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together then mix into wet ingredients. Stir in zucchini, nuts, and chocolate chips and/or coconut if using.
- Dish into muffin tins (fill almost to the top since these don't rise much) and bake for 30 minutes. Cool and refrigerate. These are better the next day and can be frozen.