1 hr 20 mins
Chef #1560997's Note:
I was craving lasagna, which is a low carb no-no, and came up with this tasty variation on a family recipe. Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown and drain ground beef. Chop spinach fine, grate 1/2 of 1 zucchini, mince garlic clove and add all three to beef. Add one jar spagehetti sauce and cook untill veggies are done. Add second jar and then turn off heat. Slice remaining zucchini lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices. Combine ricotta cheese, egg and parsley in a seperate bowl, set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour about 2 cups of the sauce you have just prepared into the bottom of a 9x13 pan (I prefer a glass pan).
- 3Layer 1/2 of the zucchini slices over sauce;.
- 4Spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture on zucchini slices;.
- 5Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella and parmesean cheeses over ricotta;.
- 6Spread 2 cups sauce over this.
- 7Repeat steps 3 - 6 using remaining ingredients.
- 8Cover with foil and place on foil lined cookie sheet to catch any drips.
- 9Bake 1 hour at 400 degrees. Can remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna (South Beach Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 483.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 18.6 g