Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
absolutly heavenly! you wouldn't even know its low carb!
- 24 ounces cream cheese (soft)
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- If you want a crust go ahead and make it and press it into a 9" springform pan.
- (I don't cuz it raises the carbs) Beat the cream cheese& splenda in a large bowl till its fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and whites.
- Mix in the sour cream, cocoa& extract until well blended.
- pour into prepared crust or greased pan.
- Place cheesecake into larger pan of an inch of hot water.
- Bake cheesecake@ 300 F for 45 to 50 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove cakepan from water and return cake to oven.
- turn off the oven and let cake cool 2 or 3 hours in oven with door ajar.
- chill 8 hours.
- remove side of pan and place cheesecake on serving plate.
- garnish with splenda sweetened whip cream.
- eat it and feel like your cheating!
Good recipe the chocolate is a bit tart. If you want a crust and still keep it low carb try chopped pecans or crushed pretzels. We use the pecans.
Good recipe, but I caution you.... the nutritional info is INCORRECT!!! If you are doing Atkins, each packet of Splenda needs to be counted as 1 carb. 3/4c of Splenda is about 50 packets, which adds 50 grams of carbs to the entire recipe, or 3.125 grams to each serving.
Yep. This was pretty great for being so low carb. I thought it was light and airy cheesecake, almost like a mousse. It was a little bit bitter when you first taste it, but I like my chocolate a little bittersweet so it was good.