Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve this as a dessert or a appetizer. This recipe was in the latest issue of light & tasty.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divded
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, divded
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 24 maraschino cherries, with stems
- Place wonton wrappers on a work surface; spritz with butter flavored spray. Combine 1 tbsp sugar with cinnamon; srpinkle over wontons. Press into mini muffin cups coated with spray. Bake 350 for 4-5 min till light brown. Immediatley remove wonton cups to an ungreased sheet. Bake 2-3 minutes longer till bottoms are light brown. remove to rack. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar till smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Spoon into wonton cups. Top each with a cherry.
This recipe is definitely not low-carb the way it has been given here. Low carb would require full-fat cream cheese, sugar substitute of some kind - i.e. Splenda & no pre-made chocolate chips. The cherries are bottled with full sugar syrup and won-ton wrappers have 4.5 grams of carbs each (those doing very low carb usually limit carbs to 20 total per day). With that said - if you are NOT doing low-carb, this recipe sounds really scrumptious.
To make this recipe as low carb as possible, I recommend substituting regular cream cheese for low-fat cream cheese. Substitute Splenda for the sugar. Substitute melted butter for the spray and finally, remove the chocolate chips from the ingredients & substitute fresh strawberries or raspberries instead of the bottled cherries.