Recipe by Mercy
For authentic flavor, top each serving with dill pickles and mustard! This recipe freezes well.
Top Review by OK Kat
I grew up with White Castles, but now live where we don't have them. I LOVE the taste of this. I have decided to tweak the recipe a bit. I mix everything together raw, like you would a meatloaf. Then I bake it in either 2 mini loaf pans or muffin tins. I bake them until browned (about 45 minute loaf pans, 30 minutes muffin pan). With the mini loaf pans, when you cut them, it almost looks like the square burgers. With the muffin pan, you just flip them out of the pan and they are ready to have as individual servings--very handy for freezing and when only mom is doing the low-carb thing.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- dill pickle slices, for topping
- mustard, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the hamburger with half of the onion soup mix; drain fat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the remaining soup mix and put meat in a greased 9-10 inch pie plate.
- Stir in half the cheese, then top with remaining cheese.
- Beat eggs, mayonnaise, cream, salt and pepper together then pour evenly over the meat.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.