Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These crackers are reminiscent of "Wheat Thins" and are great with dips, spreads, and cheeses. Because they're made with almond flour, they're low-carb and soy-free. Try substituting ranch dressing mix for the garlic salt.
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Transfer dough a silicone mat on a cookie sheet.
- Cover with waxed paper and roll out with rolling pin, glass, or can. The dough should be quite thin and of an even thickness.
- Remove waxed paper and sprinkle with additional garlic salt, if desired.
- Score dough into squares using a pizza cutter (don't press, or you'll damage your silicone mat).
- Bake for 15 minutes and check to see if crackers have started to brown. If the edges have started browning, remove those crackers, then put cookie sheet back into the oven.
- Check crackers at 5 minute intervals, removing any that are thoroughly cooked.
- Let cool completely and store in airtight container.
These are excellent little crackers . Thanks so much for the recipe. I only used 1 drop of liquid splenda and they were perfect. Plan on cinnamon with 2 drops of splenda for lite sweetness , I may try graham cracker extract. I may try powder ranch dip, endless opportunity with these. I may try subbing a 1/4 cup of flax. you have to be careful with these, crispy and delish and easy to over eat. These were very easy to make . TRY THESE YOU WILL LOVE THEM !!! **********update*********** Imade these subbing 1/4 flax for almond meal , made for a denser cracker and stiffer batter . I added a tsp of nacho cheddar popcorn cheese in them and a little on top after rolling . only 1 drop splenda . These were very nice whole grain crackers . i didnt add the garlic to these.
I also made these as sweet crackers added 2 drops of splenda and graham cracker extract. no garlic . these tasted like animal crackers to me. Very nice. I enjoy experimenting with this recipe. Thanks again for the great recipe.
Made for New Kid on the Block Tag. These really fed my need for some type of cracker (I'm gluten intolerant). The only think that I would do different next time is to reduce the amount of Splenda as it was a bit overpowering. Other than that I wouldn't change anything. Thanks for posting this recipe.