Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
So fast and easy for the low-carb dieter! This recipe comes from the South Beach Diet book that I have tweeked to our personal taste. You'll never miss the old waffle mix ever again!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ (optional)
- Process all ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Heat waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray.
- Pour desired amount on waffle iron.
- Leave on longer for extra crispy waffle.
When a serving of something has more than 10 Net Carbs, it is definitely NOT low carb!
Excellent recipe. I added 2 tbl Splenda and separated the eggs and folded in the beaten egg whites. Makes them lighter.
I must say I was quite impressed @ how good & easy these were. I always like to read the reviews of others so I added 1 T cinnamon, 1 t baking powder, 2 T splenda and next time I'll do the egg suggestion. I put fresh raspberries on mine to keep the carbs lower vs. syrup and it was fabulous. I wouldn't have changed a thing.