Recipe by muncheechee
Almond flour waffles that are great with syrup or can replace the bread on your sandwich. I've only made these in a classic waffle iron so I'm not sure if they will rise enough for a Belgian waffle iron.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons artificial sweetener
- 1 -3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- xanthan gum (greatly improves the texture, optional )
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave cream cheese until melted, about 1.5 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients except the xanthan gum, preferably with an immersion blender.
- While blending, sprinkle in a dusting of xanthan gum. It will thicken the batter. A little goes a long way so start with a very small amount and stop when the batter is slightly thickened.
- Follow your waffle iron instructions for cooking.