Recipe by Lise in Indiana
The Vineyard restaurant serves this salad as its house salad - but I've been making this low carb salad long before I had it at the VIneyard. I post it here to keep it handy - and to verify the carb count.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped, loosely packed
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, diced
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Mayo and Parmesan in the bottom of the salad bowl.
- Sweeten with a little artificial sweetener to taste (I use a liquid Splenda).
- Place lettuce on top of mayo mixture.
- Top with cauliflower, cheese, and bacon.
- Can be covered with plastic wrap and chilled until serving time (up to 24 hours ahead).
- When ready to serve, toss all ingredient well to coat everything evenly with the dressing.
- Serve on chilled plates.