Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Although I haven't made this salad yet I am planning on making it soon. Not only is it low carb (about 5 grams per serving) it sounds delicious! Recipe Source: local newspaper
- 1 head cauliflower
- 158.51 ml sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 7 scallions, sliced
- 473.18 ml spinach, washed three times and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 118.29 ml parsley, chopped
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Using a food processor shred cauliflower using shredding disk.
- Put cauliflower and 2-3 tablespoons water in a micro-wave safe dish or bowl, cover dish with plastic wrap or other cover and microwave it on high for 5 minutes. Uncover and let cool. Drain and set aside.
- While the cauliflower is cooking combine other vegetables (olives-parsley) in a large salad bowl. Toss.
- Add the cauliflower and toss.
- In a small jar combine oil, garlic, vinegar, mayonnaise, and salt and pepper. Whisk or shake jar.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
THis was very nice Ellie. Made it for my DH's birthday party. Added mushrooms, peppers, Carrots (all lightly steamed) and tomatoes too. Left out the mayo in the dressing and used olive oil and added dried basil and fresh mint in the dressing along with the other ingredients.